Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Jamuhuri Day - Yvonne Chaka Chaka Mamaland

Yvonne Chaka - Mamaland

I know it's the eve of Jamuhuri day. So just a song that reminds me how much I love my mamaland despite  disconnected leaders and politicians, displaced Kenyans, striking professionals. We need to make this land a better land.

Yvonne Chaka Chaka says it better than anyone I know.



Yvonne Chaka Chaka - Mamaland

Chorus x 3:
My mamaland
My mama

Verse 1
Who's that man, calling me stranger
In my land, my mamaland
Who's that man, telling me go
From my land, my mamaland

Chorus x 2

This is my heart where I belong
My roots are here in Africa

Bridge x4
Iwee nakupenda
Iwee mamaland

Chorus

Say we must talk, talk mama
To make this land a better land
Stop fighting mama
Stop killing for mamaland
We got to unite mama
Mama mama
This is my hometown mama
This is my land Africa

Bridge x 4

Mama mama x 4

Repeat Chorus and verses

© Yvonne Chaka Chaka

No comments:

Post a Comment