Friday, January 4, 2013

Papa Wemba - Rail On



Today I am on an old school streak - I just found myself listening to Papa Wemba's songs.... given my wide range taste in music and my mood swings I could go from listening to Eric Whitacare Sleep to Eminem's 8 mile - today my moods just led me to Papa Wemba.
My all time favorite Rail On.

Funny though I have always thought Papa Wemba say's Wellon but he actually says Rail on.
No worries though I am not in any break up and no one in our relationship is going to Rail On anytime in the foreseeable future.
Here are the lyrics transcribed by me - feel free to make corrections (he uses Congolese affected Kiswahili)

Papa Wemba - Rail On


Machozi yangu yote inamalizika- aa
mie nitalala na nani-ii?
Wee unaenda

Mie paka ni mawazo oo
Mie paka ni kuwazawaza
Wee unaenda, Unaenda aa

Kama ile njia yako – enda
Kama ni maisha yako – fuata
Wee dada – rail on

Rail on, Rail on, Rail on
Think that’s the way
Rail on, Rail on, Rail on
Think that’s the way × 2

Leo paka ni mawazo oo
Hapo unaniacha – ng’o oo
Kama wee unaenda – wee unaenda aaa – wee unaenda aa

Rail on, Rail on, Rail on
Think that’s the way
Rail on, Rail on, Rail on
Think that’s the way × 2
Rail on, Rail on, Rail on think that’s the way
Rail on think that’s the way

I also listened to Show Me the Way and Yolele - sorry I don't have lyrics for those ...enjoy

 Papa Wemba - Yolele


Papa Wemba - Show me theWay

No comments:

Post a Comment